MS Flow allows you to create automated workflows between your favorite apps and services to get notifications, synchronize files, collect data, and more.
Trello is a web-based Project Management application. It is incredibly flexible and easy to use. It keeps track of everything from big picture to the minute details.
This article assumes that you already have MS flow account and Trello account.
MS Flow connectors:
MS Flow provides around 72 connectors which make connecting to various Apps such as SharePoint, Office 365, Twitter, Facebook, SQL, Google Calendar and many more. To get full list of available connectors, visit https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/services/
Trello data can also be accessed using Trello connector. In this article we are going to explore the same.
Connect Trello to MS Flow:
- Create a SharePoint List with Name “Trello”. Rename “Title” field to “Card Name” and add a new column with Single Line of Text with Name “CardDescription”. Rename it to “Card Description” afterwards.
- Access MS flow from Office 365 app launcher or visit https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/
- Click on “My Flows” from top navigation
- Click on “Create from Blank” as we will be starting from scratch
- In the next screen you will see a list of all available actions to choose from. Type in “Trello” in the search box to get options of operations available with Trello
- It would ask you to Sign in to create connection to Trello. Click on “Sign In” and enter your credentials.
- Once you enter your credentials, it will ask for permissions as below:
- Select “MS Flow Test” board from the list
- Click on “New Step” and Select “Add An Action”. Select “SharePoint – Create Item” action from search list.
- In “Site URL” textbox, enter SharePoint site URL and select “Trello” list from “List Name” dropdown.
- It will populate columns from “Trello” list. Now we have to bind details which we want to populate from Trello board into the SharePoint List.
- Select values as shown in screenshot below:
- And we are done! Click on “Create Flow” and once it is completed, it will display message on top “Your flow was created. To exit, click “Done”. Then Click on Done.
- You can manage newly created flows by clicking on “My Flows” from Top Navigation.
- Now enter new cards in “MS Flow Test Board” with Name and Description and you will be able to see those entries added in “Trello” SharePoint list.